In order to ensure your oral health care is in good standing, and your smile is prepared for the new year, we remind you to focus on all aspects of your life to keep your teeth and gums safe. This includes practicing effective cleaning habits, avoiding unnecessary risks in your daily life, and eating nutritious foods. For more information, consider the following tips:
– Try to floss at least once per day.
– Whenever you are brushing your teeth, don’t forget to brush your tongue, preferably with a toothbrush or a tongue scraper.
– Exercise caution with between-meal snacks, as they can increase the rate at which tooth decay arises.
– Avoid unhealthy lifestyle choices that can severely hinder your oral health, including smoking and chewing tobacco.
– Don’t forget to book routine checkups and oral examinations with your dentist.
– After eating, try to use a cleaning utensil to help limit the damage of harmful acids.
– Make sure to eat a healthy and nutritious diet that includes all five main food groups.
– Try to avoid products and medications that can lead to dry mouth, a known cause of gum disease and other oral ailments.
– Try using an alternative cleaning utensil such as mouthwash daily.
If you would like to experience the sensation of a superb smile with a comprehensive oral exam and professional cleaning, please stop by Gubler Dental for a checkup with Dr. Chad Gubler and our team at our remarkable dentist office in Henderson, Nevada. Book your appointment by calling us at (702) 558-9977.